Saturday, January 1, 2011

Diva Spotlight of the MONTH: The Red Glasses Sisters!

Kim and Keyondra are sisters making moves in the fashion industry with their very own label Red Glasses Sisters. The one-of-a kind designs won me over! I could also tell by their individual styles that they have a LOVE for fashion like I do, not just sell fashionable items because it seems like the thing to do at the moment. So I HAD to get them here so you all could check out these fly ladies if you havent already.




-Can you tell a little bit about yourselves?

Hi I'm Kimberly S. Lockett :), Sup everybody I'm Keyondra. We were both born and raised in Shreveport, La.

My (Keyondra) field is in Telecommunications. I graduated with my Associates Degree in the Summer of ‘09 and will be attending the Art Institute-Atlanta in the Spring of 2011 to obtain my Bachelors in Advertisement!

I (Kim) just recently graduated (Spring 2010) with my BS of Psychology! I'm going back to school to get my MA of Community Counseling w/ a Concentration in Marriage and Family Counseling! The only counseling experience that I have is the summers that I was a peer counselor for a Summer camp! I'm currently looking for social service jobs in the Atlanta area.


-What type of items do you sell?

We specialize in crystallized eyewear but we also offer non-crystallized eyewear and other accessories such as feather earrings (ChariD) and RGS handmade shoulder pads!





-What are your favorite/best selling items from your line?

Well my (
Kim) favorite pair are a unisex pair, the Frankies.

And my (Keyondra) favorite are a male pair, the Zekes.

We don't have a BEST seller because its kind of random. People have picks and chooses all across the board!


-Who are your favorite designers?

We happen to have the same favorite designers! We absolutely love Betsey Johnson and Juicy Couture. They are so chic and classic, they are our inspirations!


-What entertainers would you LOVE to see rocking your designs?

I'd (Kim) love to see the Disney Channel stars rocking RGS eyewear! lol Crazy but true... Put those babies in something and all of their fans will want them too! Namely HM (Miley Cyrus) and Demi Lovato!

And I'd (Keyondra) like to see Soulja Boy in a pair of the crystallized frames. To see him running across the stage blinging from eye to chest (crystallized medallion) would be hilarious!





-Name at least 5 things a diva should have in her wardrobe at ALL TIMES [including accessories and cosmetic products].

**Keyondra's List**
Pair of pumps! Duh lol
Skinny Jeans (Dark Denim)
Oversized bag
Great insurance (Spanx)
Anything Bath and Body Works

**Kim's Top 5**
Dang, we can only name 5?! lol
Yes, pumps (bold color)
Black power dress
Oversized bag... Agreed
Chunky bangles
Lip/Eye primer (for eye shadows and lip colors)


-Name least 5 things a diva should NEVER leave the house with.

Lip gloss / Conditioning lip balm
Sunglasses (RGS lol)
Handbag
Since its winter we'll say a scarf
Communication device (iPhone!!! Anything else is bogus! lol j/k)






-Outside of the fashion world, what else are you passionate about?

I (Keyondra) am very passionate about my faith in God, which is one of the reasons why we're doing this is to reach the masses. When the world sees that you can look good, be in the family of faith, and you can live according to God's standards they'll follow after Him. They feel like in order to live the "good" life you can't be associated with Christianity. We're here to show them that they can.

I (Kim) am also very passionate about the Lord and people! I'm no tree hugger by the stretch of any imagination, but get me some people with some problems and I'll talk with them and minister to them with the love of God! I have a heart for His people and His will and I plan to keep it that way. That's another reason that RGS is so great for this time because so many people feel like they can't go on or do greater things. But we're going to be the examples and true living testimonies that through God all things are possible!





-Where do you see yourselves 5 years from now?

I (Kim) see myself being a successful psychologist, married and having at least one child! lol I also see RGS being a household brand!

I (Keyondra) will have my B.A. in Advertising, working successfully in my field, and definitely married... well, I better be! lol And RGS shall be flourished and well known in all industries!

If someone wants check out your line, how can they contact you?

Well they can always find our product on the website http://www.TheRedGlassesSisters.com. If they have any other needs our email address is rgsisters@aol.com.





Where can we find you on the web?

You can find us on http://www.twitter.com/rgsisters and Facebook Fan Page for The Red Glasses Sisters Online Boutique http://www.facebook.com/rgsisters!

You can find me (Kim) on http://www.facebook.com/KimLockett. I also have a fashion blog http://rgs-fashionology.blogspot.com/. I have some great changes coming up for the new year! :D

And you can find me (Keyondra) on http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1420536729



Thank you SO MUCH ladies for taking time out of your hectic schedules to do this interview. I’m more than honored! Blessings to the both of you, grand success, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment