Friday, May 18, 2012

SoyJoy Review



All of this networking and blogging/vlogging can give you the munchies..lol So I decided to go ahead and try the SoyJoy [Baked Whole Soy and Fruit] Bar. I really like strawberries so I was already assuming this would be a great treat.

I checked the label which says it was Moister and Fruitier. All Natural. Points checked on the package were: Whole Soy. Real Fruit. Low GI. Gluten Free. 0 Trans Fat

As I opened the package, I immediately smelled the fruit, that's a plus. I got a good whiff of the bar and noticed it didn't have a funny smell as some of the 'good-for-you' bars have, so that's another plus. But it seemed to be way smaller than what I expected based on the size of the wrapper.



So I bit into it and though it says it's moister and fruitier, it doesn't seem quite that moist to me. Then I notice I was tasting some other things, so I check the label, it also has coconut, dried pineapple, milk chocolate chips, and other ingredients. What stood out to me the most was the coconut. I'm fond of coconut, I just wasn't expecting it. Even though it does state on the front of the package: Natural Flavor with other natural flavors, the other flavors caught me a bit off guard. I think for someone like me who may not check the back of the packaging right away, some of the other flavors should be mentioned..but then it would make you wonder why it's STRAWBERRY if other flavors are involved.

All in all I think it's a great concept. It would go awesome with a smoothie and be a healthier on-the-go snack to satisfy your sweet tooth instead of those candy bars.


For more info on the SOY JOY BAR, Please check out the following:

-All natural and gluten free
-Made with real fruit and ground whole soybeans
-130 - 140 calories, 2 - 4 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of protein
-Completely free of trans fats, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
-Made with non-GMO soybeans
-Available in 7 great flavors: Apple Walnut, Banana, Berry, Blueberry, Mango Coconut, Pineapple, and Strawberry

*Where to Buy online: Us.SoyJoy.com, Amazon.com, Drugstore.com

*Major stores: A&P, Albertsons, BiLo, Duane Reade, Giant Eagle, Giant Landover, Hannaford, HyVee, Kmart, Kroger, Sprout's, Publix, Safeway, Stop n Shop, SuperValu, ShopRite, Winn Dixie

*Suggested retail price: $0.99 - $1.29


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment